Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thanks, Parents...

Just wrote an e-mail to my parents thanking them for all they do (which is a LOT!). Thought it'd be nice to share what's been going on lately =)

Hello Parents,

I just wanted to say a big, big, BIG THANK YOU to you all.. for supporting me in so many endeavors. It's hit me quite a few times lately how absolutely blessed I am to be in school.. and to have a job.. and to have parents willing to pay for my schooling and some personal expenses. How amazing is it that even in this economic crunch (or disaster!), I don't have to worry (for now) because I'm in school? And I know there will be many opportunities for jobs because of my education and all the things I'm being trained to do at Foster (Business School). Foster's goal is to become the #1 Business School in the nation!

And... the number of opportunities that have been put at my proverbial doorstep is mind-blowing. I've gotten pretty involved in the Business School and the Accounting club here and they're teaching me so much...! I learned how to use Quickbooks last week and will be working closely with the Financial Manager at a small company to help them get their books in order. And I've got an informational interview (interview to find out about positions, the interviewee's history, and how to be an appealing candidate) with the lady in charge of recruiting at Clark Nuber. (I really want to work for Clark Nuber. They're the #6 Accounting Firm in the Puget Sound, just behind Moss-Adams and the Big 4. 50% of their clients are nonprofit, so my chances of getting to work with a nonprofit are relatively very high!)

So, again.. thank you. I don't say "Thank You" enough for all you do.. including putting food on my plate and roof over my head. It means.. A LOT..

Love you all,
--
Jessica K. Nguyen
Accounting, Finance Class of 2011
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington, Seattle
accountingforAfrica.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Soda said...

This was too sweet... really touched my heart.